“Miss Teri Tale” is a simple game based on a rather mysterious story, which is natural if you analyze the obvious “word game” on its name. The protagonist of the game – who you will be representing – is a New York female writer who decided to leave the city life and moved out to the country. She’s happy at first of living a “normal” life, but pretty soon that kind of life becomes boring and not exactly inspiring for her to write her new novel.
When everything seems to fall apart, with no money from her editor back in New York, and no inspiration whatsoever, something happened in the quiet night of the neighborhood: Jason Amenophis, Abigail Kingsley’s dog, has been kidnapped. Nobody knows what happened or who could be the kidnapper, but an strange blackmailing message has appeared on our protagonist’s laptop. The message, coming from a dark character, says that if our writer doesn’t find who’s guilty of the crime before the end of the week, he will be blaming someone else – innocent of course – and our writer will have to carry that in her conscience.
The game itself basically consists on looking and picking items from different locations, following a list provided by the game. Supposedly, each item is needed for your investigation of the case. You have to look the scenes very carefully, trying to find the hidden items on the list. When you see a item, just click on it to update the list. In order to finish the level you have to find all the items listed.
When you first enter the game, you’ll be asked for a player name and then you’ll get to the main menu with the following options on it:
- Profile: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Play: this option starts showing the writer diary, which tells the background story to the game. This is shown only the first time each profile begins to play.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like sound level, language (French or English) and full screen.
- Quit: to close the application.
While you’re playing the game, you can always click on the Menu button to close it and go back to the Main Menu. Your game is automatically saved.
You can try this game for 30 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need to run this game. Take a look to the list:
• Windows XP, Vista
• Processor speed: 1GHz
• RAM: 512 MB
• Hard drive space (uncompressed): 80 MB
- It’s very easy to learn how to play through the on-screen hints
- There are two languages available
- Few system requirements
- The introduction story is shown only once
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network is not supported